Specialists are on hand to provide rapid psychological support after a traumatic event.
Following a traumatic event, call the psychological emergency line around the clock for rapid assistance on 058 340 16 11.
An emergency psychologist will call you back within 24 hours and provide you with professional advice – with the utmost confidentiality guaranteed. The service is free of charge for all persons insured with the Helsana Group.
Rapid psychological support: the key benefits
- You receive professional assistance following a traumatic event.
- You can reach us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You will receive profound psychological support within 24 hours of your initial call.
- Highly qualified psychologists will provide you with compassionate and confidential advice over the phone.
- We can help you deal with traumatic situations.
- The service is free of charge for all persons insured with the Helsana Group.*
You're not alone
We are normally expected to stay on top of everything that is going on in our lives. However, a traumatic event can trigger strong emotional and/or physical reactions in even the most stable of persons. Suddenly, everything gets too much for us and we need professional help to get our lives back on track.
With this in mind, we are the first health insurer in Switzerland to offer rapid psychological support over the phone for our customers. Our trained psychologists are on hand to offer you expert assistance – with the utmost confidentiality guaranteed.
Examples of traumatic events
- Diagnosis of a serious or even life-threatening disease, for example, cancer or a heart attack
- Death of a person close to you
- Involvement in an accident, either as a victim or as a witness
- Natural catastrophes
- Domestic and other violence
- Sudden separation from your partner
- Heavy pressure or overwork, at home or in your job
Don't wait too long
Following a traumatic event, it is important to muster the strength to request support by phone. A psychologist will call you back within 24 hours to offer you psychological advice and support. This service is free of charge for our customers.*
Good to know: You will receive psychological support from psychologists belonging to the independent and experienced organisation CareLink. These specialists are subject to doctor-patient confidentiality and will not pass on any details of your conversations to the health insurer.
Rapid psychological support is intended for acute traumatic events and is not a replacement for psychotherapy.
* Up to 120 minutes. If required, the specialist will refer you to your general practitioner or another specialist for further support or treatment.