Spitex / Outpatient care / Long-term care / Household help
Outpatient care helps you get back on your feet after a hospital stay. If you need support following a hospital stay or need care after an illness, basic health insurance can offer you an important financial contribution.
Insurance benefits - Spitex / Outpatient care / Long-term care / Household helpCompare products >
Benefits covered by the insurance
CURAAgreed daily allowances
Where the need for care is proven, you will receive up to the insured daily allowance to meet those costs not covered by basic health insurance for a medically prescribed household help or for the cost of accommodation and meals in a nursing home as soon as the waiting period expires.
- You receive healthcare benefits from the basic health insurance of more than an average 60 minutes per day.
- You receive healthcare benefits (inpatient and outpatient including household help) from a service provider recognised under the Health Insurance Act (KVG).
- You receive your inpatient treatment in a recognised facility (e.g. care home) in Switzerland.
- You can produce clear evidence of the uncovered costs for household help or accommodation and meals in a nursing home.
VIVANTEAgreed daily benefits
You qualify as being in need of care if, due to illness or accident, you require a substantial level of third-party assistance in performing the following activities of daily living for at least six months:
- Washing and dressing
- Using the toilet
- Standing up and walking
- Walking up stairs
The level of care needed will be determined by an independent expert according to a standardised index. Four levels are possible: 25%, 50%, 75% or 100%. You will receive 25% of daily benefits from 25 points.
Where the need for care is proven, you receive, according to the coverage option you have selected, the following daily benefits, which you can use at your full discretion (without any obligation to show how you have spent it) - for example, for a household help or for the uncovered costs of accommodation and meals in a nursing home.
- Economo: You receive daily benefits of CHF 40 per day if you need 100% care.
- Standard You receive daily benefits of CHF 60 per day if you need 100% care.
- Bronze: You receive daily benefits of CHF 80 per day if you need 100% care.
- Silver: You receive daily benefits of CHF 100 per day if you need 100% care.
- Gold: You receive daily benefits of CHF 140 per day if you need 100% care.
- Platinum: You receive daily benefits of CHF 180 per day if you need 100% care.
The amount you receive declines the lower the level of care you need.
- A doctor's certificate that confirms that you require care for more than six months.
- Your level of care is at least 25%.