If you have to be cared for in a nursing home, we are able to assume all recognised care services under basic insurance. With supplementary insurance CURA or VIVANTE, you have the option to insure costs that go beyond basic insurance.
Insurance benefits - Nursing homeCompare products >
Benefits covered by the insurance
Basic insuranceCosts according to the applicable tariff
You receive the costs according to the applicable tariff for inpatient care services in a nursing home. The tariff is based on the level of care needed, as determined on your admission.
We cannot assume boarding costs (room and board at the nursing home) from basic insurance.
CURAAgreed daily allowances
Where there is a proven need for care, you will receive up to the insured daily allowance to meet those costs for accommodation and meals in a nursing home not covered by basic health insurance as soon as the agreed waiting period expires.
- You receive healthcare benefits from basic health insurance amounting to an average of more than 60 minutes per day.
- You receive inpatient care services from a service provider recognised under the Health Insurance Act (KVG).
- You receive your inpatient treatment in a recognised facility (e.g. nursing home) in Switzerland.
- You can produce clear evidence of the uncovered costs for accommodation and meals.
VIVANTEAgreed daily benefits
You qualify as being in need of care if, due to illness or accident, you require a substantial level of third-party assistance in performing the following activities of day-to-day life for at least six months:
- Washing and dressing
- Using the toilet
- Standing up and walking
- Walking up stairs
The level of care needed will be determined by an independent expert according to a standardised index. Four levels are possible: 25%, 50%, 75% or 100%. You will receive 25% of daily benefits from 25 points.
Where there is a proven need for care, you will receive the contractually agreed daily benefits, which you can use at your full discretion (without any obligation to show how you have spent them) – for example, for uncovered accommodation costs in a nursing home.
The amount of daily benefits you receive depends on the coverage option you have selected and the level of care you need.
- A doctor's certificate confirming that you require care for more than six months.
- You must need a level of care of at least 25%.