Overview of insurance products

The conditions

  • Employment in Switzerland only
  • Employment in several countries
  • Family members
  • Deadlines

Employment in Switzerland only

If employed in Switzerland only, cross-border commuters and their non-employed family members are obliged to take out insurance in Switzerland.

Upon request, cross-border commuters who live in France can be released from the obligation to take out health insurance in Switzerland if they can prove that they are sufficiently insured for healthcare costs that may arise in their home country and in Switzerland. This request must be submitted within three months of the date on which the cross-border commuter permit becomes valid and also applies to non-employed family members. The choice cannot be reversed.

Employment in multiple countries

Are you employed in more than one country? Contact our Customer Service International on +41 844 46 84 47 for a consultation.

Family members

Family members include spouses and children up to their 18th birthday as well as children up to the age of 25 that are still in education.

If one of the children's parents is employed, unemployed or drawing a pension in the country of residence, the children must be insured together with this parent in the country of residence.


Insurance cover begins the moment you commence employment in Switzerland, provided registration takes place within the deadline prescribed by law of three months from the date on which you commence employment.

If you are late registering, contact our specialists at the Customer Service International on +41 844 46 84 47. They can assist and advise you.