Retirement and later life
You made it – congratulations on your retirement! Now you have more time for yourself and your hobbies. However, you may also be concerned about ageing and what it entails.
Tips and tricks
This checklist from Helsana helps to make sure you don't overlook key points about retirement.
- If you would like to receive a lump sum from the occupational pension scheme (BVG), contact your employer as early as possible – generally at least one year in advance.
- Sign up with the cantonal compensation office six months before retirement to receive the AHV pension.
- Get all the necessary information in advance if you want to relocate abroad after retiring.
- Check your retirement cover – over the phone (by calling Customer Service on 0844 80 81 82) or in person (by visiting the sales office close to you).
- If necessary, review your new financial situation with your insurance or financial advisor.