«I got pregnant, although I didn't want to. I can't imagine having and raising a child. I don't want to have a baby. I'm scared.»
You've found yourself in a difficult situation. What happens from here is your own and personal decision. Try to think calmly about what it would really mean if you were to bring the child into the world. Talk to a trusted person and get advice from a professional.
Free and anonymous advice
Your gynaecologist can tell you which advice services you could consult. The advice from trained specialists is free of charge and can also be obtained anonymously. Anonymity is guaranteed even if you are underage. Nobody has to find out about your unwanted pregnancy if you don't want them to. In Switzerland, every woman has the right to decide herself whether she wants to terminate the pregnancy up to the end of the twelfth week.
What can Helsana do for you?
The costs of a termination are covered by your basic insurance.
Basic insuranceExaminations and consultations
Check-ups and ultrasound examinations
- In the event of a normal pregnancy, you are entitled to seven check-ups carried out by a doctor or by a midwife.
- We will also reimburse you for two ultrasound examinations carried out by a doctor.
- For a high-risk pregnancy, you will receive the costs of all necessary check-ups and ultrasound examinations.
- You receive 3 sessions of breastfeeding guidance from a midwife or specially trained nursing staff. In case of multiple births, you receive up to 2 additional guidance sessions.
- Breastfeeding guidance replaces the breastfeeding allowance. This was abolished with the 1996 revision of the Health Insurance Act.
SANA75% up to CHF 500.–
CHF 500 is the total amount payable to cover all preventative treatment measures.
In addition to the pregnancy-related benefits included in the basic insurance, you will 75% of the costs of additional ultrasound examinations up to CHF 500 per calendar year .
COMPLETA90% up to CHF 750.–
CHF 750 is the total amount payable to cover all preventative treatment measures.
In addition to the pregnancy-related benefits included in the basic insurance, you will 90% of the costs of additional ultrasound examinations up to a maximum of CHF 750 per calendar year .