We do like to get your name right and prefer to send correspondence to the right address first time round. So please let us know as soon as possible if anything changes. Remember: your insurance premium may change when you move to a different place. This is the place to learn about everything that needs doing.
Moving is an organisational nightmare. Our checklist will help you remember the most important details.
- Send us your new address as soon as you can. You can use the change of address form or simply change your contact details in the myHelsana.
- You should also tell the post office about your new address: it is worth arranging for your mail to be forwarded.
- With rented flats, the custodian is usually responsible for labelling mailboxes – if in doubt, check.
- Your insurance premium may change if you move to a different municipality: premiums for basic insurance are calculated based on the canton and region, while supplementary insurance depends on the canton. The quickest way to find out the premium for your new home is to use our premium calculator.
- If your entire family is insured by us and one person leaves home, your contract will need to change. You can find details about this in our contract change checklist.
- If you have a GP model, it is best to check whether you need to change the model before you move – contact our customer service team or the nearest sales office.
- If you are moving into a retirement or nursing home, it makes sense to give a power of attorney to a close relative who will be able provide information about health insurance matters on your behalf. For more information, see the section on Moving to retirement or nursing home.
- Have your bank details changed? Let us know by completing the contact form or change your account information yourself in the myHelsana customer portal.