What to do in the event of a claim

Illness abroad

What to do if you fall ill abroad.

If you pay for outpatient treatment locally, always request confirmation of payment. Send us this confirmation and original invoices along with the completed survey form for illnesses or accidents abroad. To do this, use the address on your insurance card or affix one of your pre-printed Helsana or Progrès address labels.

If you have fallen ill within the EU, you can present your insurance card for direct settlement of the treatment costs. Your European Health Insurance Card is integrated on the back of your insurance card.

N.B.: Depending on the insurance cover, inpatient treatment is settled directly by Medicall, our emergency call centre. It is therefore important that you contact Medicall as quickly as possible. You will find the emergency number on the back of your insurance card.

The emergency call center will bring you home

The Helsana Group's emergency call center, also organises your repatriation for medical reasons. Please remember that the costs are only fully covered if you contact us using our emergency number on the back of your insurance card and settle the repatriation process.

Forms available for download

Please choose the correct Helsana Group health insurer when downloading. You can find it on the back of your insurance card.