- What is the Helsana Scan app?
- How do I use the Helsana Scan app?
- How can I make sure the scan is of good quality?
- Whose invoices can I send using the Helsana Scan app?
- What should I do with the original invoice?
- What happens to my invoice once I have sent it?
- What do the processing steps mean?
- What happens with my invoices if I delete the Helsana Scan app?
- How secure is my data?
- Who can provide me with help when I need it?
What is the Helsana Scan app?
As a customer of Helsana or Progrès, you can quickly and easily send invoices and reimbursement documents via the free Helsana Scan app.Up
How do I use the Helsana Scan app?
Download the app in the Apple Store or Google Play Store. Register in the app using your email address.
- Scan: Scan an invoice using your smartphone or tablet camera
- Send: Send the invoice to Helsana via the app
- Check: You can see the status of your invoice in the app
How can I make sure the scan is of good quality?
- Place each document individually onto a flat surface.
- Brush over the page with your hand, so it is as flat as possible.
- Ensure good light conditions and a high contrast between the paper and background surface.
- Hold your device level over the page, checking the distance is right. The inner yellow frame should be as close to the outer frame as possible.
- Tip: the image will be best when taken standing.
- Check that the page has been captured in full.
- Ensure that the page is legible.
- Please take another picture if anything cannot be read or identified clearly.
Whose invoices can I send using the Helsana Scan app?
Your personal invoices and any relating to the other family members in your contract. Invoices from other family members will be identified and settled via the respective contract.Up
What should I do with the original invoice?
Please save this until you receive your benefit statement – as a backup and security. Helsana reserves the right to request original copies if necessary.Up
What happens to my invoice once I have sent it?
Transferred invoices will be allocated and processed based on the name, address and insurance number. We will contact you if we have any questions about an invoice.Up
What do the processing steps mean?
This status will appear as soon as an invoice has been scanned. To send us this invoice, tap the entry with the respective status and hit “send”. An internet connection is required.
Invoice sent/transferred successfully:
We have received your invoice. We will check its quality in the next two to three days.
Processing not possible:
In checking the invoice, we found that we cannot process this invoice. Reasons for this include part of the invoice not being legible or customer details not being visible on the document. You will receive further information by e-mail.
Unable to show status:
This status is displayed if we cannot automatically process the scan of the invoice. Or if this invoice is not from a service provider such as a doctor, therapist or hospital. You do not need to do anything in this case. We will process the document.
Invoice being processed:
We are currently processing this invoice. This can take up to two weeks.
Processing of the invoice has been completed. You will receive a benefit statement by post or digitally in your myHelsana customer account a few days later.Up
What happens with my invoices if I delete the Helsana Scan app?
This will also delete all invoices that are saved on the app. Any invoices that have already been processed will remain in our system.Up
How secure is my data?
The security of your data is extremely important to us. As a health insurance company, we are specialists in handling sensitive data. State-of-the-art technical and organisational measures protect your data from unauthorised access and data processing. These measures are regularly reviewed and modified in line with technological progress.Up
Who can provide me with help when I need it?
Should you have any questions about the Helsana Scan app, you can reach us on the following telephone numbers:
Technical service for insured persons in Switzerland:
DE/E: 058 340 93 70
FR: 058 340 93 80
IT: 058 340 93 90
Monday – Friday: 8 a.m – 6 p.m.
For insured persons resident abroad:
+41 58 340 18 80
Monday – Friday: 8 a.m – 5 p.m.
These telephone numbers are specifically for issues relating to the Scan app.
Should you have any general questions about your health insurance, please call us on 0844 80 81 82 as usual or contact your customer care team.