Direct contact to the Helsana Group
Notices to customers
Deadlines for cancelling your health insurance
Please note the official deadlines and notice periods for cancelling your health insurance.
Cancellation of basic insurance
You can switch to another Swiss health insurer for basic insurance on the following dates, provided that you have no outstanding premiums:
Cancellation as of 31 December
- The notice period is one month following the date you received notification of the new premiums.
- Your notice of cancellation must be sent by registered post and reach your current health insurer by the last working day in November at the latest – the date on the postmark is not applicable.
Cancellation as of 30 June
This is only possible if you have standard basic insurance (i.e. not a general practitioner model or Telmed) with a statutory minimum deductible of CHF 300, or zero deductible for children.
The notice period for cancellation is three months.
Your notice of cancellation must be sent by registered post and reach your current health insurer by the last working day in March at the latest.
Cancellation of supplementary insurance
The notice period for supplementary insurance may vary depending on your health insurer and policy:
- For most insurers, a three-month notice period to the end of the year applies. There are, however, exceptions for long-term policies, for example.
- In the event of premium increases, a shortened notice period of one month usually applies.
- The precise details can be found in your current health insurer's terms and conditions of insurance. If you are unsure of anything, please ask your current insurer what rules apply to your situation.
Only cancel your supplementary insurance after your new insurer has confirmed in writing that they will accept you without any restrictions for the supplementary health insurance you want to take out.