All about finance

Travelling and studying abroad

Are you planning a longer journey or studies abroad? How will this affect your insurance cover? The following questions are relevant for you to begin with:

  • Are you potentially insured through your university/school in the country in which you are travelling/studying?
  • If yes, with which benefits?
  • Are they valid in the event of illness or an accident?
  • Are you de-registering from the municipality in which you reside?

If you take up permanent residence abroad and are no longer subject to the Swiss insurance obligation, you can suspend your insurance cover until the following month.

Check your policy

For whatever reason you are moving abroad, please contact us for advice regarding your insurance cover so that you are also well insured when far from home.

We are happy to advise you in German, French, Italian and English on +41 844 46 84 47.