Basel University Hospital is one of Switzerland's leading hospitals and the central hospital for north-western Switzerland. 700 doctors and 1,500 nurses look after the well-being and recovery of patients using the latest scientific findings. The various disciplines interact closely with one another and underpin the hospital's excellent reputation. Basel University Hospital provides services in all fields of medicine apart from paediatrics.
The close links maintained by Basel University Hospital with Switzerland's oldest university and leading global life science companies in Basel guarantee outstanding interdisciplinary treatment concepts and innovation in all fields of medicine. This knowledge transfer greatly benefits teaching and research as well as training and development.
Some facts and figures:
- 5,202 employees from 75 countries
- 791 beds
- More than 186,000 outpatient/day patient cases a year
- More than 32,000 inpatient cases a year
Our interdisciplinary centres include:
- A tumour centre with eleven tumour-specific organ centres
- An obesity/diabetes centre
- A lung centre
- Stem-cell transplantation
- A breast centre
- A heart centre
- An emergency centre