The EOC hospital group is a cantonal organisation and an independent, public-service legal entity. Our hospital is organised and managed as a modern company in the service of patients. It has structures in which the functions are clearly separated and flexible management systems that promote innovation, personal responsibility and process simplification.
The EOC consists of six institutes:
- The Ospedale Regionale di Lugano with its Civico and Italiano facilities
- The Ospedale Regionale di Bellinzona e Valli, with its San Giovanni facility in Bellinzona and facilities in Faido and Acquarossa
- The Ospedale Regionale di Mendrisio – Beata Vergine
- The Ospedale Regionale di Locarno La Carità
- The Istituto Oncologico della Svizzera Italiana
- The Clinica di Riabilitazione di Novaggio
Our institutes are distributed throughout the canton, so we can offer our patients comprehensive hospital care regardless of the location in which our services are required. Our motto can be translated as: "Working together for better treatment". This sums up how we pool our knowledge and skills for the good of our patients.
- 4,000 members of staff
- 1,000 beds
- 37,000 inpatients a year
- 320,000 days of treatment a year
- 144,000 emergency cases a year
- 1,800 births a year