The Deutsches Medizinisches Zentrum (DMZ), located at the lowest point on the earth's surface, offers highly specialised rehabilitation programmes for patients with chronic skin disease. The treatments are aimed at persons who suffer from neurodermatitis/psoriasis vitiligo and psoriasis arthropathica.
The holistic treatment approach takes advantage of the unique climatic conditions found on the Dead Sea.
- Sun: 330 sunny days a year; more UVA and less UVB radiation; reduced risk of sunburn
- Sea: temperature about 30 °C; high salt content of water; important minerals; sulphur springs in combination with salt water from the Dead Sea
- Air: dry; warm and hot; oxygen-rich; mineral-rich; low allergen concentrations
Helsana Group policyholders with neurodermatitis/psoriasis vitiligo or psoriasis arthropathica have the option of a 3- or 4-week stay at the Lot spa hotel in the spa resort of Ein Bokek in the Negev desert right next to the Dead Sea (400 metres below sea level) in the south of Israel. At the beginning of the patient's stay, an individualised treatment programme is devised which is the backbone of the rehabilitation process. The most important rehabilitation goal is to significantly improve the patient's skin condition and achieve freedom from symptoms.
Benefits for Helsana Group policyholders at the Deutsches Medizinisches Zentrum (DMZ) located on the Dead Sea
- Rehabilitation on the Dead Sea under unique climatic conditions
- Rehabilitative stay at Dead Sea facility with other sufferers of chronic skin conditions
- Individual rehabilitation programme
- Cortisone-free treatment
- German- and English-speaking physician and therapist team