The Fondation Sana Foundation owns 79 per cent of the Helsana Group's share capital. The remaining 21 per cent is held by the Verein Artisana, formerly called the Artisana health insurance company. Both shareholders promote a healthy society.
Fondation Sana – committed to healthy people
The Fondation Sana Foundation promotes a well-developed healthcare system. It does so on several levels:
- With the relief fund, the Foundation supports persons insured with Helsana who are in financial distress. The relief fund assumes benefit costs which the person in question cannot afford. For example, for medically necessary dental treatment for which no government support is available.
- With the Prix Sana, the main Helsana shareholder recognises one or several people every year who show altruistic commitment to the well-being of others.
- With the fund for health promotion, research and prevention, the Fondation Sana participates in projects which demonstrably benefit public health.
Join the Board of Trustees of the Fondation Sana
Are you interested in a meaningful duty that comes with responsibilities? Make a personal contribution by joining the Board of Trustees of the Fondation Sana and help to shape the healthcare system.
Artisana – committed to healthy businesses
Healthy employees are a top priority for the Verein Artisana. The minority Helsana shareholder Artisana assists small and medium-sized enterprises to promote healthy employees in the following ways:
- Health Promotion Award: annual recognition of a company for its exemplary occupational health management
- Free online services: guide and aids such as self-tests and the training tool www.leaderscare.ch
- Artisana Fund: financial support for corporate clients of Helsana towards health promotion measures in the context of Helsana Business Health