Parboiled long-grain rice can be used in a wide range of dishes, combining well with meat, fish or vegetables.
Yellowish in colour, these rice grains are around six to eight millimetres long and contain up to 80% of the nutrients of wholegrain brown rice. The parboiling process retains the vitamins and minerals contained in the silver skin of the rice grain.
Cook and earn points
Get cooking and collect Plus points with the cooking challenge. Simply cook one of the recipes, upload photographic evidence to the Helsana+ app and earn 150 Plus points.
Ingredients for two portions
|100g||long-grain rice, parboiled|
|1||yellow pepper, deseeded|
|1||red pepper, deseeded|
|1 tbsp||rapeseed oil|
|½ teaspoon||paprika (spice)|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
- Cook the rice in salted water according to the instructions on the packet, and then allow to drain.
- Pat the lamb fillet dry with kitchen paper and cut into cubes.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Prepare the vegetables and cut into cubes.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Brown the cubed lamb fillet evenly for around 2 minutes, and remove from the pan.
- Brown the garlic in the lamb juices, add the vegetables and sauté.
- Add the boiled rice, and season with ground paprika, salt and pepper.
- Finally, add the cubed lamb fillet to the vegetable rice and warm briefly.
Nutritional value per portion
- kcal: 421.2
- protein: 32
- carbohydrates: 48.1
- fat: 9.9