Try our light summer recipe “lettuce with mint dressing, falafel and garlic bread” now and effortlessly collect Helsana+ Plus points in the process.
Cook and earn points
Get cooking and collect Plus points with the new cooking challenge. Simply cook one of the recipes, upload photographic evidence to the Helsana+ app and earn 150 Plus points.
Ingredients for the falafel recipe
Recipe for four people (Source: SV Group)
|For the falafel:|
|500g||tinned chickpeas (drained)|
|1/2 bunch||parsley, chopped|
|4 tbsp||olive oil|
|For the green salad:|
|For the mint dressing:|
|4 tbsp||olive oil|
|2 tbsp||lemon juice|
|1||bunch of fresh peppermint, leaves only|
|1||season to taste with salt and pepper|
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees and line a tray with baking paper.
- Zest and then squeeze the lemon. Put the zest and 1 tbsp lemon juice into a bowl or directly into a food processor.
- Rinse the chickpeas well and add to the bowl.
- Peel the garlic cloves. Roughly chop the red onion. Wash the coriander and parsley, discarding the stalks. Cut the chilli in half lengthways, remove the seeds and cut the chilli into pieces. Add to the bowl together with the cumin, salt and flour.
- Put all the ingredients in the bowl into a food processor or mix in a blender to form a creamy mixture. It doesn’t matter if a few pieces are still visible. Cover the mixture and set aside to rest for approx. 20 minutes.
- Shape the falafel mixture into small balls using your hands. Put onto the baking paper and brush with a little oil. Bake in the hot oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Turn the balls after 15 minutes and brush with a little olive oil once again.
- Brush the slices of bread with olive oil, peel the garlic cloves and squeeze them before scattering over the slices of bread. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Then add to the falafel in the oven until they are crisp.
- Prepare the lettuce and cut into bite-sized pieces. Wash and dice the cucumber. Wash and halve the tomatoes. Peel and halve the onion; then cut into thin slices. Toss the salad.
- Mix together the ingredients for the mint dressing and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Take the falafel and garlic bread out of the oven and distribute the falafel over the salad. Pour the mint dressing over the salad, garnish with fresh peppermint and serve with garlic bread.
Nutritional values per portion
- kcal 500
- Protein 17g
- Carbohydrates 60g
- Fat 18g