Are you looking for a tasty autumn side dish? Pumpkin puree makes a welcome change from traditional mashed potatoes.
Pumpkins are very low in calories and contain many important vitamins and minerals such as beta carotene, Vitamin C, potassium, calcium and zinc, which are great for our immune system.
Cook and earn points
Get cooking and collect Plus points with the cooking challenge. Simply cook one of the recipes, upload photographic evidence to the Helsana+ app and earn 150 Plus points.
Ingredients for two portions
|300g||pumpkin, peeled and deseeded|
|2 tsp||olive oil|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C for fan ovens).
- Cut the pumpkin into 1cm cubes.
- Chop the tomatoes in four.
- Mix the pumpkin with the tomato pieces and garlic clove and place on a baking tray.
- Roast the vegetables in the oven for about 40 minutes until they are soft and starting to brown.
- Skin the tomatoes. Put the roasted vegetables in a mixing bowl and puree them using a hand blender.
- Season the puree with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutritional value per portion
- kcal: 79.8
- protein: 2.3g
- carbohydrates: 8.7g
- fat: 3.9g