Easy and delicious – you can fill these wraps with whatever you wish and enjoy them hot or cold.
The thin flatbread, which is filled with meat, salad, vegetables and sauces and then rolled up, originally comes from Tex-Mex cuisine.
Cook and earn points
Get cooking and collect Plus points with the cooking challenge. Simply cook one of the recipes, upload photographic evidence to the Helsana+ app and earn 150 Plus points.
Ingredients for two portions
|120 g||wholemeal flour|
|1.25 dl||milk, semi-skimmed|
|2||hen’s eggs, whole, raw|
|1 pinch of||salt|
|180 g||yoghurt, plain|
|2 tbsp||sesame paste, also called tahini (available from large distributors)|
|1 tbsp||HOLL rapeseed oil|
|240 g||chicken strips|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|1 pinch of||salt|
|lemon juice, to taste|
- Mix all the ingredients for the wraps up to and including the salt until they become a smooth batter and allow the mixture to stand for approx. 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix together the tahini and yoghurt in a bowl and set aside.
- Wash the peppers, courgette and carrots and slice them into thin strips.
- Now heat some oil in a coated pan and add enough batter to the pan to coat the bottom thinly. Reduce the heat.
- When the wrap unsticks from the bottom of the pan, flip it and finish cooking it on the other side.
- Cover the finished wraps with aluminium foil and set aside.
- Mix the chicken strips with the oil, salt and pepper and sauté in a coated frying pan for 4-5 minutes until golden brown on all sides.
- Add the pepper strips, courgette, carrots and some lemon juice to the meat and sauté for 4-5 minutes on medium heat.
- When everything is ready, spread the yoghurt-tahini sauce on the wraps and distribute some of the vegetable-chicken filling over the top half of each wrap.
- First fold the bottom edge and then the sides of the wrap over the meat filling and roll up.
Nutritional value per portion
- kcal: 607.2
- Protein: 45.4
- Carbohydrates: 49.6
- Fat: 23.6