While delicious fresh, there are many other ways to eat cherries. Make some jam, enjoy as dried fruit or use them in baking – in cherry breakfast muffins, for example.
With no flour or sugar, these breakfast muffins are a good alternative for first thing in the morning. Optionally add a little sweetener to the muffins or use other seasonal/frozen fruit.
Cook and earn points
Get cooking and collect Plus points with the cooking challenge. Simply cook one of the recipes, upload photographic evidence to the Helsana+ app and earn 150 Plus points.
Ingredients for six portions
|3 cups||Oats, wholegrain|
|1 cup||Apple purée|
|½ cup||Almonds, ground|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|Large pinch||Cinnamon, ground|
|2 cups||Cherries, pitted|
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Halve the cherries and remove stones.
- Combine all ingredients including almonds.
- Pour batter into muffin cases.
- Distribute cherries evenly between the muffins and lightly indent.
- Bake the muffins in the centre of the oven for 30-40 minutes.
The muffins can be frozen for another time.
Nutritional value per portion
- kcal: 305,2
- protein: 11,5 g
- carbohydrates: 36.9 g
- fat: 11.0