You can claim all insured benefits at the end of a 6-month waiting period.
If you undergo treatment abroad, you can claim the actual costs up to the amount that the same treatment would have cost in Switzerland. Treatment in Switzerland is subject to the scale of fees published by the Swiss Association of Dentists (SSO)
Depending on which option you select, you can claim the costs of dental hygiene and check-ups by the dentist up to the following amounts:
- Light option: You can claim 75% of the costs up to CHF 300 per calendar year.
- Bronze option: You can claim 50% of the costs up to CHF 1,000 per calendar year.
- Silver option: You can claim 75% of the costs up to CHF 2,000 per calendar year.
- Gold option: You can claim 75% of the costs up to CHF 3,000 per calendar year.
- Combi option: You receive 50% of the costs up to CHF 1,000 per calendar year, provided that the dental expenses are less than CHF 2,000. If the expenses exceed CHF 2,000, you receive 80% of the excess
Consumables such as tooth brushes, tooth paste or dental floss are not covered.
Healthy teeth that look good are important to all of us. Problems such as caries and gum and periodontal inflammation can be unpleasant and painful, and treatment can be expensive. Professional teeth-cleaning procedures help to keep your teeth healthy by first removing any plaque and then giving your teeth a thorough polish. With our supplementary DENTAplus cover, you receive a contribution towards the cost of dental treatment and dental hygiene.
Correction of misaligned teeth is also common practice in Switzerland. These days, more and more young people wear dental braces for a period of time. With our supplementary TOP, COMPLETA or OMNIA covers, you will receive contributions towards the cost of such treatments and procedures.