PREMED-24 is an alternative insurance model within the compulsory basic health insurance. You receive the same medical benefits as under the standard statutory version. However, if you experience a medical problem you always consult the free advice hotline on 0800 773 633 and obtain their non-binding advice. Questions and uncertainties can often be cleared up over the phone with the result that a visit to the doctor is unnecessary in many cases. If you do still need to see a doctor you can make an appointment with a doctor of your choice afterwards.
Summary of the benefits:
- Minimum 6% rebate on the basic insurance premium with relatively few policy restrictions.
- Medical advice around the clock, 365 days a year.
- The advice is completely free for you (depending on the package you have chosen from your telephone provider you may incur call charges).
- You avoid unnecessary visits to the doctor.
- Initial medical assessment without any obligation - you decide on what action you want to take.