This checklist from Helsana helps to make sure you don't overlook key points about retirement.
- If you would like to receive a lump sum from the occupational pension scheme (BVG), contact your employer as early as possible – generally at least one year in advance.
- Sign up with the cantonal compensation office six months before retirement to receive the AHV pension.
- Get all the necessary information in advance if you want to relocate abroad after retiring.
- Check your retirement cover – over the phone (by calling Customer Service on 0844 80 81 82) or in person (by visiting the sales office close to you).
- If necessary, review your new financial situation with your insurance or financial advisor.