The health sciences department research team deals with a variety of topics and issues relevant to healthcare in Switzerland.
An overview of the most important activities:
- Developing principles in specific areas of care (e.g. epidemiology)
- Mapping the use and cost of medical services from the perspective of regional differences
- Presenting and analysing cost changes and explaining regional differences
- Developing principles for evaluating healthcare reform proposals
- Performing cost-benefit analyses of medical and therapeutic services
- Evaluating healthcare structures with respect to efficacy and cost-effectiveness
Helsana publishes these scientific studies, evaluations and the findings gained from them in the form of scientific publications. The knowledge gained is available to decision-makers and opinion formers in politics, medical provision and business, and flows into the day-to-day practice of healthcare through a variety of different channels.